Justin C. Walker on Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:47:11 +0100

Re: newbie question

On Mar 7, 2007, at 07:05 , Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

Hello All,

I am new to Pari after using Landon Calc for a while, but had some
problems with it and thought that I would try a more advanced package
like Pari.

I just installed Pari on a Windows machine and tried a simple plot
command.

plot(x=-2,2,sin(x^7))

it seems to have plotted the result in the text command space instead
of a graphical window.

'gp' has a pretty good documentation feature:

> ?foo
  gets you a brief description of "foo"; and
> ??foo
  gets you a more detailed description of "foo".

"foo" can be anything that 'gp' recognizes.  Finally,

> ???foo
will cause a search of the documentation for "foo" and print out the names of the entries where "foo" is found. Try

> ???plot

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large