Lonnie Cumberland on Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:00:39 +0100

Re: newbie question

Thanks for the help and I am looking ever deeper into the help system
of PARI.

Can you please tell me if there is a builtin function to return a
psuedoprime or prime number of a give number of digits in size?

I want to get some do some timing tests on various sizes of factoring
of co-primes from about 4 digits each to about 20 digits each.

The routine that I am looking for would be one that returned a random
prime number of a given size.

any ideas on this?

Thanks and have a good day,

Lonnie T. Cumberland
OutStep Technologies Incorporated

Email: Lonnie@outstep.com
       Lonnie_Cumberland@yahoo.com

"Open Source...... opening the doors for the future in the world of
today...."