Hongyi Zhao on Sat, 14 Jan 2023 14:32:02 +0100

Re: Programmatically obtain a complete list of commands and keywords for updating the PARI/GP third-party IDE tools.

On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 8:45 PM Charles Greathouse
<crgreathouse@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you need to make (./Configure && make -j gp) to get pari.desc. It should be in the src/desc directory.
>
> The 822 files won’t work without pari.desc, that’s where they get their information.

Thank you for pointing this out. I confirmed that you are absolutely correct:

$ apt-cache pkgnames |grep ^pari | xargs -n1 sudo apt build-dep -y
$ git clone https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/git/pari.git
pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/git/pari.git
$ cd pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/git/pari.git
$ sudo apt install bison
$ ./Configure
$ make -j 44 all
$ sudo make install