Bill Allombert on Fri, 03 Jun 2022 18:24:08 +0200

Re: PARI in the browser, but served from a local Raspberry Pi?

On Thu, Jun 02, 2022 at 12:28:32PM +0200, Georg.Fischer wrote:
> Great - thank you for your very fast reply!
> It works fine.

Good!

> At the moment I removed everything from the page except
> for the logo (with link), and the bare input/evaluation form.
> Please tell me what copyright information you want to see
> in the footer.

Add something like
based on <a href="https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gp.html";>
GP in your browser</a>. Copyleft © 2022 the PARI group.
or similar.

> Later I might restore a link table to some of your pages,
> the OEIS, and other math packages served by the Raspi.
>
> Also, there should be some output wrappers for frequent PARI
> patterns in the OEIS, for example:
>   isok(n) = isprime(4*n-1);
>   /* https://oeis.org/A005099, should be followed by: */
>   for(n=1,100,if(isok(n),print1(n",")))
>
> With my setup the user is not concerned whether it runs
> on his machine or on the Raspi, except for the speed,
> which is probably even better on his machine.
>
> I did not yet install the additional packages,
> nor do I know of plotting features, for example.

Plotting work fine in javascript, GP creates SVG files that browsers
handle nicely.

Cheers,
Bill