Praveen Bharadhwaj on Thu, 24 Dec 2020 06:33:52 +0100

PARI-GP, Online WebAssembly version

Hi,

Based on this discussion
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47879864/how-can-i-check-if-a-browser-supports-webassembly
... I have verified that WebAssembly is working on my browser (Firefox
84.0.1).

After loading the page https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpwasm.html it
briefly shows a message like "warm streaming compile failed...".

Then if I try to evaluate something I notice the following error in
the JavaScript console:

=======
Uncaught TypeError: Module.asm._gp_embedded_init is undefined
    _gp_embedded_init https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpjswasm/gp-sta.js:1
    ccallFunc https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpjswasm/gp-sta.js:1
    myinit https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpwasm.html:159
    eval https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpwasm.html:194
    shiftenter https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpwasm.html:207
    onkeydown https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpwasm.html:1
=========

How can I fix this?

Another question: what is the performance gain from using WebAssembly
versus the normal Stable Version in the browser?