Bill Allombert on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 11:16:03 +0200

Re: Introduction, Curve Algorithm

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 06:23:10PM -0500, Brad Klee wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> If I type "?8", I do not see "hypergeom", and "?hypergeom"
> gives "unknown identifier". From terminal on source tree:
> "cat ./pari-2.11.0/src/funclist | grep hypergeom", nothing.
> So it doesn't look like a problem with the build (?) .

Unfortunately, as I said, it is only available in the GIT master branch,
not in PARI 2.11. Karim and Henri added it recently.

This is the short help:

?hypergeom
hypergeom(N,D,z): general hypergeometric function, where N and D are the
vector of parameters in the numerator and denominator respectively,
evaluated at the complex argument z.

You can try it here:
<https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpexp.html>

If you like to contribute to PARI/GP, you should really try the GIT
version. The latest installation instructions are at
https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/Events/ZETAS2018/talks/sources.pdf
(Just replace 2.10 by 2.12).

Cheers,
Bill