Téragone on Fri, 23 Nov 2007 03:11:15 +0100

Re: plotQt.c with Qt 4.3.2 + GUI for pari/gp

Hi Bill,

Sorry, I said today but for you it's tomorrow ;-)

1) I must Apologize, I send you the wrong version of my file.

2) I forgot to include init.c

3) I added -I$(QTDIR)/include/Qt  instead of -I$(QTDIR)/include/QtCore -I$(QTDIR)/include/QtGui and #include <QtGui/qaction.h> since all the needed .h are in $(QTDIR)/include/Qt

4) I tried to change as few line as I can.

A new zip file is available here :

http://pages.videotron.com/teragone/parigp.zip

Regards,
David

On Nov 21, 2007 12:12 PM, Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 07:21:58PM -0500, Téragone wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Sorry for the formating, I don't have think about the patching problem.
>
> My new version will not work with Qt 3.x. It may work with Qt 4.x before
> 4.3.2 but I'm not sure of that.
> If you want compatibility with older version of Qt, the best way will be to
> keep both version of plotQt.c  (plotQt3.c, plotQt4.c ) and adding an option
> in the Configure script.

I have investigated the status of plotQt.c:
plotQt.c was designed to work with Qt/Embedded and Qt2.
It also works With Qt3 when using the compatibility headers.

It does not seems possible to have a single version that works with
both Qt3 and Qt4.

I have checked that your file works with Qt 4.2.1.

Qt/Embedded support was the initial motivation to add plotQt.c .
(plotfltk.c is a better option for almost all other use cases).

What is the current incarnation of Qt/Embedded and will your file
work with it ? If yes, then maybe we can safely remove the old
plotQt.c (and the matching get_Qt support).

Now there are some changes I would like to see in your plotQt.c:

1) Your file is based on the stable version of plotQt.c and need to
incorporate improvements from the unstable version.

2) When ploth is used, the following warning is displayed:
  QColor::setNamedColor: Unknown color name 'violetred'

3) I think it would preferable to do
#include <QtGui/qaction.h>
instead of adding -I$(QTDIR)/include/QtCore -I$(QTDIR)/include/QtGui'

4) PARI formating style should be restored.

(Actually 4) prevent me from doing 1) myself)