Bill Allombert on Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:46:15 +0200

Re: PARI_stack_limit

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 05:05:17PM +0200, Bernard Parisse wrote:

> >But you run exactly one thread at once ?
> >
> currently, yes, but this could change in the future, when giac
> will be thread-safe. If pari is not thread-safe, I will use a
> mutex lock.

I have made progress making --enable-tls more useful, but now I have
a question:

Making libpari thread-safe is not very hard. What is hard is to make
the GP language thread-safe because the way variables in GP are used.

For example what if the user run
at the same time, the result will be random.

How are you planning to deal with similar problems in giac ?
What would you advise us to do ?