Joe Christy on Fri, 21 May 2004 05:48:09 +0200

Re: gp: anal.c more bugs

  Vis-a-vis Ilya's response of 05/20/2004 01:37 PM to Karim's suggestion:

Where is it going to find this file?  I propose a small shell script
pari_config which will emit the contents of configuration; something like

  echo <<'EOE'
  foo="bar"
  parigp_l="-LXXX -lyyy"
  EOE

And put it on PATH alongside the gp executable.

(Why didn't I think of this a few days ago?) Perhaps a better idea would be to parse the ldd (1) output of:
	ldd <some_path>/libpari-2.2.so

Even better, just embed the needed flags as a string ala:
	"PariLoaderFlags=-LXXX -LZZZ <...> -lyyy -lwww <...>"
in libpari itself where strings (1) could extract it. You have to be able to find libpari to link against it, and the second strategy would make it self-documenting.

	Joe