Joe Christy on Thu, 20 May 2004 18:40:22 +0200

Re: gp: anal.c more bugs

Thanks v. much. I'm much calmer now and my program works well (modulo my bugs). I was tearing my hair out trying to hack Makefile.sh to accomplish an uninformed crude version of your fix.
  Vis-a-vis your note of 05/19/2004 01:26 AM:
P.S: I guess the only sensible solution is to have
*  a "minimal" libpari.so (as it stood in 2.2.7. Not exactly minimal since
more than 50% is specialized algebraic number theory which many users won't
need...). Full backward compatibility for existing programs is a priority,
at least with default Configure settings (--with-gmp is different).

*  an extra libparigp.so containing highlvl, graphical interfaces, and possibly other useful stuff from GP (all headers would need to be installed then).
If a program intends to be linked with -lparigp, it will provide a Makefile
(or 'configure') to check the pari.cfg file and find the proper -I/-L/-l
flags  [ mostly, the same ones used to compile gp ]

	I second that.

		Joe

--
---- Voice:831/423-7151 --- Mobile:650/483-9123 --- FAX:831/469-0804 ---