Bill Allombert on Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:03:09 +0100

Re: Math::Pari and CVS version

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 11:42:59AM -0800, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 08:32:15PM +0100, Karim Belabas wrote:
> If it had some bugs, can one rewrite it (like you did above), and
> export the new version based on gen_output()?  Alternatives look like
> a complete mess due to APIs changing under one's feet...

Changing API is what development version are for. On the other hand I
wonder if the description system could be used to describe the
interfaces Math::PARI use, so that 1) they are documented and we are
less likely to break them by mistake and 2) we could to some extend
change them by updating the description and let Math::PARI automatically
pick up the new definition. The description system is already used by
GP2C for this purpose.