Ilya Zakharevich on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:44:48 +0100

Re: Math::Pari and CVS version

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:55:15PM +0100, Karim Belabas wrote:
> * Ilya Zakharevich [2004-02-03 04:55]:
> >  a) The function bruteall() disappeared.  How one is supposed to
> >     replace it?  I needed to copy the text of this function and of all the
> >     static functions it used to compile Math::Pari.

> It was not documented, so I did not add an entry in COMPAT.

Could you fix it?

> One may use one of the old standard documented functions ( output(), etc ) or
>
>   void brute(GEN g, char f, long d)
>
> [ corresponds to old bruteall(g, f, d, 1 ) ] for fine tuning.

Of course this is a good substitute for the case "1"; however,
Math::Pari uses the case "0".

> Or, much better,
>
>   void gen_output(GEN g, pariout_t *T)
>
> where T specifies everything the output routine might need.

Yes, this is what the current Math::Pari is forced to use; however, it
needs to copy the text of the static _initout().  I see little point
in having get_output without exporting _initout()...

> I will probably document this.

Restoring bruteall() may be an easier way to cover most important
cases. ;-)

Hope this helps,
Ilya