Ilya Zakharevich on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:43:04 +0100

Re: gp: anal.c more bugs

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:37:20AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > > Can we make one more change?  Add plotport$(_O), plotTYPE$(_O) and
> > > highlvl$(_O) to the library?

> However I disagree with moving the plot part module relying on external
> library. That would make libpari ABI dependent of the graphical
> library used

I do not know what you are talking about.  The libpari plotting
interfaces do not depend on anything; plotport.c uses dispatch tables
to redirect PARI plotting API calls to library-specific calls; thus
libpari API/ABI does not depend on anything.  In particular, it is
possible (and supported) to have multiple graphing frontends
simultaneously linked in.

Can you be more specific about your objection?