Ilya Zakharevich on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:43:04 +0100

Re: gp: anal.c more bugs

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:37:20AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > > Can we make one more change?  Add plotport$(_O), plotTYPE$(_O) and
> > > highlvl$(_O) to the library?

> However I disagree with moving the plot part module relying on external
> library. That would make libpari ABI dependent of the graphical
> library used

I do not know what you are talking about.  The libpari plotting
interfaces do not depend on anything; plotport.c uses dispatch tables
to redirect PARI plotting API calls to library-specific calls; thus
libpari API/ABI does not depend on anything.  In particular, it is
possible (and supported) to have multiple graphing frontends
simultaneously linked in.

Can you be more specific about your objection?

Thanks,
Ilya