Bill Allombert on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:51:55 +0100

Re: gp: anal.c more bugs

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:15:44AM -0800, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> > However I disagree with moving the plot part module relying on external
> > library. That would make libpari ABI dependent of the graphical
> > library used
> I do not know what you are talking about.  The libpari plotting
> interfaces do not depend on anything; plotport.c uses dispatch tables
> to redirect PARI plotting API calls to library-specific calls; thus
> libpari API/ABI does not depend on anything.  In particular, it is
> possible (and supported) to have multiple graphing frontends
> simultaneously linked in.
> Can you be more specific about your objection?

I don't want to force every programs linked against libpari to also link
a set of graphical libraries that depend on the option used to configure

A minima I would like the program below compile and link fine with the

gcc main.c -lpari

#include <pari/pari.h>
int main(void)

and don't require to issue -lX11 or something else.

As of now this is broken:
/home/bill/pari/i686/lib/ undefined reference to `plot_outfile_set'
/home/bill/pari/i686/lib/ undefined reference to `set_pointsize'
/home/bill/pari/i686/lib/ undefined reference to `rectdraw0'
/home/bill/pari/i686/lib/ undefined reference to `term_set'
/home/bill/pari/i686/lib/ undefined reference to `PARI_get_plot'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status