|Justin Walker on Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:28:58 -0700|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
On Wednesday, Apr 16, 2003, at 03:27 US/Pacific, Karim BELABAS wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Justin Walker wrote:./scripts/dotest: -o: command not found FAIL: scripts/dotest =================== 1 of 1 tests failed ===================and I think this is why the problem arises - from the ./configure step:checking for PARI module build... /usr/bin/gcc -c -o %s.o -O3 -DGCC_INLINE -Wall -fomit-frame-pointer -no-cpp-precomp -fno-common -I/usr/local/include %s.c && -o %s.so %s.o Not sure why the spurious '&&' is in there, at the end. I am building gp2c in the same directory that holds the pari development tree: $ ls .. .... gp2c-0.0.2pl5 pari readline-4.1 $ Thoughts on this?DLLD is undefined.The real problem is that, although install() now works on OS X [ I think and hope... ] as far as loading symbols from gp's global context goes, we still have not tried it with external "bundles", nor built into Configure thenecessary magic to build a dynamically loadable object.
I noticed that 2.2.5->2.2.6 seemed to take away building the shared library on Mac OS X. Is that easy to repair?
Probably something like 'ld -bundle' (?). Hopefully something generic like 'gcc -shared' would work equally well. Can you just try to Configure pariwith env DLLD=/usr/bin/gcc Configurebefore reconfiguring gp2c ? [ actually, does 'make bench' succeed in buildinggp-dyn after this change ? ]
I did the above in both the pari and gp2c directories, and the build worked in both cases, but for 'gp2c', the "make check" failed (as before: '-o' was attempted as a command). It appears that the PARI_MODULE_BUILD macro is the culprit, FWIW.
Also, there is no gp-dyn after 'make bench' in 'pari'.
If it does work, then a trivial fix to config/get_dlld might do [ just haveto add darwin to the list of supported systems, lines 12-24 ]
For 'pari', I added two darwin entries: in the '$osname-$arch' case statement: darwin-*)soname=dyld ; sodest= ;DLSUFFIX=dylib ;; in the '$osname' case statement: darwin) DLLD=/usr/bin/gcc ;;Something else is needed, though. Not sure what, yet. At least, when I cobbled together a libtool line, I got a .dylib. Not sure yet whether it works, though.
P.S: all this rather belongs to pari-dev [ none of the above apply to thestable version ]. Let's move the discussion there.
Moved and seconded :-}. Regards, Justin -- Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large * Institute for General Semantics | If you're not confused, | You're not paying attention *--------------------------------------*-------------------------------*