Bill Allombert on Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:52:57 +0100

Re: --host in Configure

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 12:41:18PM -0800, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 10:47:09AM -0500, Igor Schein wrote:
>
> > In general, I think the sooner Configure will be converted to
> > autoconf, the better and easier it'll be.
>
> I'm very pleased that PARI Configure is not based on this monster.  If
> autoconf's Configure fails, you are busted; period.  IIRC, PARI one is
> loosely based on metadist's Configure which is miles better in this
> regard (allows an interactive run).

Could you split the Configure file in smaller scripts that would be sourced from
Configure ? That would enhance maintainability somewhat.

Say one script to find the compiler, one to find the linker, etc...

I have found information about shared libraries on MacOS X at
<http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php> but I do not have a box
to test.