Justin C. Walker on Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:50:39 -0800

Re: --host in Configure

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 08:52 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 12:41:18PM -0800, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 10:47:09AM -0500, Igor Schein wrote:

In general, I think the sooner Configure will be converted to
autoconf, the better and easier it'll be.

I'm very pleased that PARI Configure is not based on this monster.  If
autoconf's Configure fails, you are busted; period.  IIRC, PARI one is
loosely based on metadist's Configure which is miles better in this
regard (allows an interactive run).

Could you split the Configure file in smaller scripts that would be sourced from
Configure ? That would enhance maintainability somewhat.

Say one script to find the compiler, one to find the linker, etc...

I have found information about shared libraries on MacOS X at
<http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php> but I do not have a box
to test.

I have Mac OS X boxes (10.15 and 10.2.2), and am happy to test if needs be.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |    Men are from Earth.