Bill Allombert on Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:12:32 +0100

Re: library installation/Mac OS X

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 04:23:04PM -0800, Nathaniel Irons wrote:
> I was confused by the delay in getting a response from ezmlm, and
> mistakenly believing the pari@math.u-bordeaux.edu address was
> tied to the lists, I sent a copy there earlier today.

FWIW: the address of pari is  pari@math.u-bordeaux.fr not  pari@math.u-bordeaux.edu
(it is Bordeaux in France, not one of the 50+ in the US :-) but it goes directly
to Karim, not to the ML, so avoid using it.

> I'm trying to install the Crypt::OpenPGP perl module, which
> requires Math::Pari.  pari-2.1.2 seems to be compiling cleanly
> with Mac OS X 10.1, but the benchmark suite is complaining (at
> "Program"), and I'd like to know if it's significant.  Here's the
> output of program-sta.dif, followed by output from Configure,
> make bench.
> --- 108,121 ----
>   350 1.632105905172986668189652273
>   400 1.632424285532931448171405619
>   ? install(addii,GG)
> +   ***   sorry, not yet available on this system
>   ? addii(1,2)
> !   ***   unknown function or error in formal parameters: addii(1,2)
> !
>   ? kill(addii)
> ...I did not find dlopen.
> Try again, with -ldl this time...
> ...I did not find dlopen.

What happens is that you do not have dlopen (or at least PARI does not find it),
so install is not available. dotest check for install working but addii failing,
not install failing, so it complains.

But PARI is working properly on your system.