Bill Allombert on Mon, 20 Feb 2023 18:25:07 +0100

Re: Segmentation Fault in Pari/GP from gp2c-run

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 06:11:39AM -0800, Edmond Griffin wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
>     Thank you very much for your speedy reply and helpful suggestion.  I
>     replaced “warning” with “print” and was able to run my compiled code!
>
>     Just for your information, the compiled code ran 1.4 times as fast as the
>     regular gp.  Less than I hoped, but I think the execution time is being
>     dominated by accessing my hard disk.

There are ways to speed up gp2c by adding type annotation.
For example if some variables are always small integers,
you can add :small to their declaration. This way gp2c will use
C long instead of GP integers.