Bill Allombert on Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:33:35 +0200

Re: Apple ARM M1 processor - gp2c

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 12:57:45PM +0200, Alessandro Languasco wrote:
> .
> >
> > Dear Alessandro,
> >
> >> ld: warning: ignoring file stack.o, building for macOS-arm64 but
> >> attempting to link with file built for unknown-x86_64
> >
> > It seems you are mixing arm64 binary with intel binaries, which
> > seems strange.
> >
> > You can try to do 'make clean' and rebuild.
>
> Dear Bill,
>
> thanks for the hint; that was a problem !!
> Now I have a running version but with some problem with the readline.
>
> To compile with gmp, I first had to install gmp with brew and than
> link to it at the Configure stage. For some reason the same trick is not
> working with deadline.
>
> Probably I am doing another stupid mistake.

Probably not!
darwin includes a library libeditline that masquerade as libreadline.
So you have to point ./Configure to the brew version with
--with-readline=/usr/local
or something else.
Check Configure output carefully, it should tell you if it is OK.