Bill Allombert on Thu, 10 Sep 2020 19:54:05 +0200

Re: gp2c question

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 02:52:59PM +0100, John Cremona wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply, Bill!
>
> I'm not worried about the warning, as long as nothing actually bad is
> happening.  I had tried changing the constants 1 and 2 in the
> expression to 1.0 and 2.0, but there were still these warnings.

Of course.

We have fixed this in PARI master branch 34345cfc90

Note however that a lot of functions either
- are still lacking the gp2c description for real
- or have extension to the complex domain which mean gp2c cannot
  know whether the result will be real or complex , for example sqrt(x:real)
  and log(x:real) can be t_COMPLEX.

Thanks for reporting this issue!
Bill