Steven Norton on Wed, 13 May 2020 03:51:30 +0200
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, Steven Norton <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: OSX binaries -- bug
- From: Steven Norton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 20:50:50 -0500
- Delivery-date: Wed, 13 May 2020 03:51:30 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=jeu9ExAkBRY/Y9T5/VAXqzOskhtqeZqk6HhJ0fy/bTQ=; b=sjf9RsFGIGOwMghSDVT0M+4buMC41g+Ld1o9ueXBA4XU7k7oXlLSe0pvIxU9RlEi24 1AiyKlMshjJFivYzXQ/e0IOn5Rvh9OrECsK+WeuD/S1zEd+QwvLzPpwaT21ISEBExNsn agOYs2H2p8ersRJlS7v/I06MlIHKH1PFeV6qLbGj5dmbY+ux+zwTavBRywa8XaB/F6i4 zybLPJZxOa5ShCFgOr3ULNrWPxsOB82DK9iKJFyq9uz2X5Qwzlsk0DlVGT8J5wMPO0GT DBDLXLTv/XcXP57KyvWYTdx9x+myHitKmqfTUQCt6HZ7py7nACCG0PYxm1hCyAYahx9E 5HdQ==
- In-reply-to: <20200504153149.GB1865@yellowpig>
- References: <CACQBrNRkvAvbpiPXMHpBkKBXTVk6f7LnkVpaKy2F1SAWMBo4Xw@mail.gmail.com> <20200504153149.GB1865@yellowpig>
My apologies, this message was sent to my spam folder. I will try to test the new binaries soon, but by sheer bad luck I am having other troubles with that Mac right now. By the time I get around to running GP again I may be using a new processor anyway. Thanks for keeping me posted in any case.
On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 11:57:13AM -0600, Steven Norton wrote:
> I was very pleased to see that OSX binaries were available, since I don't
> have much knowledge or experience with compiling from source.
> Unfortunately, running PARI on my MacPro2,1 with OSX 10.9.5 resulted in the
> program quickly encountering an error, and logging out:
> The one thing that works is "./gp-2.11 --test" but I am limited to what I
> can do in test mode. Please, is this a known bug or not ? Does this version
> of gp work with later versions of OSX?
We have a new lead:
I have made a new GP binary that might fix this problem.