Bill Allombert on Sun, 12 Apr 2020 11:30:22 +0200

Re: Issue installing gp2c

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 07:12:41PM +0000, James Rickards wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am attempting to install gp2c, but running into an issue. After issuing the "make" command, the folder "src" seems to go through, but then in the "desc" folder I see the line
> "*** No rule to make the target `missing', needed by `func.dsc'. Stop."
> shortly followed by
> "make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1"
> When I call make check, instead of a bunch of "OK"'s, I get the same message.

I found what is probably the issue here.
In fact "missing" denotes the file pari.desc.
What probably happened is that you did not install pari with 'make install'
so the file "pari.desc" listed in pari.cfg is not available.

However this is a bug in configure since compiling without a pari.desc
file is supported (thought not recommended).

Cheers,
Bill