Jacques Gélinas on Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:07:17 +0100

Re: readline history doesn't work on FreeBSD

> We have no good universal choice here [e.g. "~" doesn't exist on Windows]
> P.S. I just made this into a FAQ

It was quite challenging for me to find where the default directories for Windows,
which appear in the binary file, are in the code.
Now, I just remember it was in an unexpected place.
Maybe add to the FAQ how to edit these Windows defaults before compilation ?

On Windows, we have to beware of paranoiac antivirus software,
so please leave the history file default as is.

Mine is set in the gprc file as
            histfile = "gp_history.txt"

Jacques Gélinas