kevin lucas on Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:35:17 +0200

References for Numerical Integration

PARI obviously has some very powerful tools for numerical integration. I have, however, keenly felt the absence of a text treating this area in more detail than the manual. I was recently trying to compute
intnum(x=0,oo, (sin(x)^4)/(x)^2)
I only get about 3 digits (the integral evaluates to log(2)). There's probably a neat way to get more digits in this particular instance. What I'm looking for is a reasonably complete account of such methods, for even more complicated integrals in PARI. I have, for instance met the integral
intnum(x=0,oo, exp(x)*besselj(0,x))
which doesn't even return an answer. Where can I learn how to evaluate such integrals in GP?

References outside just numerical integration are also welcome.

Thanks,
Kevin