Leonhard Möhring on Sun, 10 Jun 2001 19:45:38 +0200

precompiled cygwin binaries and read()

Hi,
I'm experiencing some unexpected trouble with the precompiled cygwin
binaries and read() [or \r for that matter].
With the 2.1.1 as well as 2.1 and 2.0.20 cygwin using Win2K or Win95,
and cygwin.dll from the bordeaux ftp-server (1.1.0) I get:

                  GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.1.1 (released)
                i686 running cygwin (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version
              (readline v4.0 enabled, extended help not available)

                       Copyright (C) 2000 The PARI Group

PARI/GP is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
comes WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.

Type ? for help, \q to quit.
Type ?12 for how to get moral (and possibly technical) support.

   realprecision = 28 significant digits
   seriesprecision = 16 significant terms
   format = g0.28

parisize = 4000000, primelimit = 500000
? write("x","a=1")
? read("x")
  ***   error opening input file: x
                                  ^-

?

while there's no problem using the precompiled binaries with rsx or
Mingw32. Using the 1.3.2 version of cygwin.dll didn't change anything.
Does anybody know what's wrong here? Note that I did not install cygwin,
but only put the dll in the path.

Thanks,
Leonhard