Oliver Bandel on Tue, 05 Feb 2019 18:19:40 +0100

Re: texi_sign()

Quoting  Karim Belabas <Karim.Belabas@math.u-bordeaux.fr> (snt: 2019-02-05 15:26 +0100 CET) (rcv: 2019-02-05 15:26 +0100 CET):
> * Oliver Bandel [2019-02-04 21:38]:
> > In
> >   src/language/es.c
> > there is the function texi_sign(), which creates
> > TeX-output.
> >
> > I used gp for some calculations and writetex()
> > for putting the results into a *.tex file.
> >
> > The output is ok for plain-TeX
> >, but for LaTeX it should look different.
> >
> > There is \pmatrix{} for TeX, but in LaTeX it would be
> > \begin{array} and \end{array},
> > or with amsmath-package it would be
> > \begin{pmatrix} and \end{pmatrix}.
>
> Hello Oliver,
>
> This problem came up before and I decided NOT to add (or overload) another
> obscure option. TeX or LaTeX are exceedingly (re)configurable via style
> files which makes the annoyance of updating our TeX markup each time a
> popular package author breaks compatibility unnecessary. For instance
>
>   % using plain TeX: t_FRAC are typeset using \frac
>   \def\frac#1#2{{#1\over#2}}
>
>   % using LaTeX + amsmath: the package authors broke \pmatrix on purpose
>   % replace by equivalent amsmath construct
>   \def\pmatrix#1{\begin{pmatrix}#1\end{pmatrix}}
[...]

Hello Karim,

don't see a solution to my problem here.

What do I have to do, to include gp-output into my LaTeX-document with/without
amsmath-package? And does this solution also allow me to stretch the matrix
with \arraystretch?

Regards,
  Oliver