Oliver Bandel on Mon, 04 Feb 2019 21:37:55 +0100

texi_sign()

In
  src/language/es.c
there is the function texi_sign(), which creates
TeX-output.

I used gp for some calculations and writetex()
for putting the results into a *.tex file.

The output is ok for plain-TeX, but for LaTeX
it should look different.

There is \pmatrix{} for TeX, but in LaTeX it would be
\begin{array} and \end{array},
or with amsmath-package it would be
\begin{pmatrix} and \end{pmatrix}.

I patched gp for my needs to create the latter output.

It would be fine to have a more general way to handle this,
so that a certain TeX-output-mode could be selected,
either as a flag (switch between TeX and LaTeX), or
with setting the delimiters/separators via string-argument.

Would that feature be of interest to the main developers of gp,
and would it make sense to include that into the official sources?

Regards,
  Oliver Bandel

P.S.: GP is a really cool tool.

      I have looked at (and used) other (numeric and symbolic) math programs too,
      but gp is outstanding.

      Mathematical power with simplicity in use/handling.

      If I could help in making it even better, I would like to do so.