Bill Allombert on Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:31:57 +0200

Re: pari-2.3.5 prerelease

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:09:56AM +0200, Lorenz Minder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> BA:
> > Dear PARI-dev,
> >
> > I made a prerelease version of PARI 2.3.5 (stable):
> > <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/pari-2.3.5-pre1.tar.gz>
> > Please test.
>
> I saw you incorporated the NetBSD build fixes, so I tested on that
> platform.  Builds fine, 'make test' passes without a hitch.  I thought

Excellent!

> it might be useful to let the user to know about the environment
> variables that affect the build, see attached patch.  This might be too
> late for 2.3.5 though, in which case it's not a big deal to drop it.

It is better to first commit such patches to the unstable branch, and then
backport them. Note that 2.3.5 does not honour DLLDCFLAGS.

Your list does not match the content of doc/appa.tex, though.

> Tested also on OS X 10.6; compiles fine, but I don't get a gp-dyn. 'make
> test' passes without problems.

I do not think PARI 2.3 know how to build shared library on Darwin.
This was added later.

> Lastly, I get two compiler warnings, both of which indicate trivially
> fixable bugs:
>
> ../src/basemath/buch1.c:76:46: warning: if statement has empty body
>     gcmp1((GEN)redimag(primeform_u(D,p))[1]));
>                                              ^
> ../src/gp/gp_rl.c:803:20: warning: format string is not a string literal
>       (potentially insecure) [-Wformat-security]
>   *t++ = 0; printf(t0); free(t0);
>                    ^~

Nothing critical, I will fix this for 2.3.6 unless I have to make a new
prerelease tarball.