Lorenz Minder on Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:11:44 +0200

Re: pari-2.3.5 prerelease

Hi,

BA:
> Dear PARI-dev,
>
> I made a prerelease version of PARI 2.3.5 (stable):
> <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/pari-2.3.5-pre1.tar.gz>
> Please test.

I saw you incorporated the NetBSD build fixes, so I tested on that
platform.  Builds fine, 'make test' passes without a hitch.  I thought
it might be useful to let the user to know about the environment
variables that affect the build, see attached patch.  This might be too
late for 2.3.5 though, in which case it's not a big deal to drop it.

Tested also on OS X 10.6; compiles fine, but I don't get a gp-dyn. 'make
test' passes without problems.

Lastly, I get two compiler warnings, both of which indicate trivially
fixable bugs:

../src/basemath/buch1.c:76:46: warning: if statement has empty body
    gcmp1((GEN)redimag(primeform_u(D,p))[1]));
                                             ^
../src/gp/gp_rl.c:803:20: warning: format string is not a string literal
      (potentially insecure) [-Wformat-security]
  *t++ = 0; printf(t0); free(t0);
                   ^~

Best,
--Lorenz