Karim Belabas on Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:01:26 +0200

Re: Static analyzer run

* Bill Allombert [2009-09-16 12:46]:
> Commited in revision 11921. I find very unfortunate that gerepileall
> take an explicit argument number. I was hopping for some preprocessing
> trickery to avoid that, but I found none.

Neither did I when I orignally implemented it.

> We should probably change it to a NULL-terminated list instead, though
> this would cause other problems with argument accidentally equal to
> NULL.

Valid arguments cannot be equal to NULL unless we actually want to
terminate the list at this point and ignore all following arguments.

This wouldn't be nice for another reaѕon: the gerepileall() function
should be as fast as possible, and it needs to know its number of
arguments before starting to actually process them. I don't want to
traverse the arg list twice to count them first...

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50