Téragone on Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:57:49 +0100

Re: plotQt.c with Qt 4.3.2 + GUI for pari/gp

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the formating, I don't have think about the patching problem.

My new version will not work with Qt 3.x. It may work with Qt 4.x before 4.3.2 but I'm not sure of that.
If you want compatibility with older version of Qt, the best way will be to keep both version of plotQt.c  (plotQt3.c, plotQt4.c) and adding an option in the Configure script.

On Nov 13, 2007 6:47 AM, Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr > wrote:
On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 08:35:46PM -0500, Téragone wrote:
> Hello pari-dev,
>
> I have converted plotQt.c to Qt 4.3.2. All the files that I have modified
> can be found in the following zip file :
>
> http://pages.videotron.com/teragone/parigp.zip
>
> I had take the original from cvs today.

Hello David,

Thanks a lot for your files!

Does this plotQt.c will still work with older Qt release ?

P.S.:

Please always refrain to make any formating or whitespace change
when preparing patches. This make them very painful to review.

For example there are several changes like

+void Plotter::paintEvent( QPaintEvent *) {

-void Plotter::paintEvent( QPaintEvent *)
-{

which I have to review and decide they do nothing.