Justin Walker on Mon, 09 May 2005 21:24:25 +0200

Re: PARI/GP build failures with gcc-4.0

On May 9, 2005, at 10:25, Bill Allombert wrote:

Hello PARI developers,

For those of you who keep an eye on the the PARI/GP buildlogs,
( http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/buildlog.html ) you have probably seen
that I have added 4 amd64 builds and 4 gcc-4.0 (on x86) builds.

The amd64 builds are OK, but the gcc 4.0 ones exhibit two problems:
1) matker is broken
2) divri_with_gmp is broken.

Apropos of this, I have tried to build PARI/GP on Mac OS X, 10.4, using gcc 4.0 (apparently, a version from before the "official" gcc 4 release). It builds successfully, but 'make bench' shows three failures (seg faults).

Switching to gcc 3.3, all is well.

When time allows, I will go back and rebuild with gcc 4 and see if I can figure out where the problems are.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large