Bill Allombert on Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:46:45 +0200

Re: Perl script help may be OT

[ Yes, Math::Pari is usually considered off topic]

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 01:58:50AM -0500, Manish wrote:
> I am trying to write a perl script to inverse a matrix, so first I am
> starting
> by checking the determinant..
>
> here is what I have tried and RTFMED and am still lost... I cannot
> figure out
> a way to use  functions from libPari in my perlscript.
> All the references to the links to Math::libPari on CPAN were broken and
> man Math::Pari didnt help either.

I don't know what version you use and what documentation you have, but

my $determinant = Math::Pari::matdet($mat);
work for me.

> print $determinant;
> gives PARI:   ***   obsolete function: O(det2($try_key_mat))

det2 is the name of a obsolete PARI function, which is superseded by
matdet.