Ilya Zakharevich on Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:04:31 -0800

Re: group identification patch

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:25:28PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:

> Having small C helper function is a major win in design compared to the
> old monolithic design. This is not a loss.

Sorry if you felt I implied that.  Moreover, with regparam(3) calling
convention it should not even hurt performance-wise.  Did anybody try
to benchmark PARI with regparam(3)?

[IIRC, until 3.0, gcc had problem calling regparam(3) functions via a
pointer.  So it is not a viable choice to switch this on on system
where the default compiler is not 3.0 or better.]

Ilya