Bill Allombert on Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:27:04 +0100

Re: 2 recent changes

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 11:56:35AM -0800, Justin Walker wrote:

> On Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003, at 06:13 US/Pacific, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> >1) PARI has now an optimised inline assembly kernel for the PowerPC
> >architecture, thanks to Guillaume Hanrot.
> >
> >Please test it especially on Mac OS X. We have only tested it on Linux.
>
> I checked out ToT and it builds 'darwin-none'.  What's the trick to get
> darwin-ppc and the corresponding gmp kernel?

Check if you have the file pari/src/kernel/ppc/asm0.h.
If not, take a fresher CVS version.
If that still does not work,
try
./Configure --kernel=ppc-none
to force the use of the PPC kernel

Thanks for testing!

PS: What the status of PARI shared library support on Darwin ?
I need to port the patch to the new Configure system, but before
I need to know what I can merge and what I cannot.