Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:35:59 -0800

Re: Preparing bugfix release 2.1.5

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 08:02:31PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I believe we can release with the GMP kernel. It has been quite a while
> before we found a bug in it, and I have yet to see a bug of the gmp-kernel
> branch compiled without --kernel=gmp that is not in the standard version.

I would prefer GMP kernel to be included quickly too (a big pending
patch creates a lot of hesitation when planning patches).  On the
other hand, I would not be able to patch for a month ;-).

There is another possibility: release 2.2.5 "as is", and immediately
apply big patches to CVS.

> --- Fix the problem with functions returning int on 64bit architecture.

This is addressed in my sizeof(long) patch.

[I still did not brush up the comments in my primelimit patch; maybe I
will send it as is...]

Ilya