Firas Kraiem on Sun, 04 Aug 2013 14:39:40 +0200

Re: Bug in Pari 2.5.0

On 8/4/13 9:36 PM, Bill Allombert wrote:
On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 12:45:54PM +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:
2013/8/4 Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr>:

This problem is fixed in PARI 2.5.1 which was released in February 2012:
F18- subst(Y/X,X,x) -> 0                                                 [F27]

Yes, I know - I have had 2.5.1 in my home directory for over a year now,
but the system-wide installation has 2.5.0.

The point of the post was that Ubuntu 12.04 is going to be around for
another four years, and its pari-gp package should be upgraded. I could
package is someone very well known on this list. :-)

I suspect there is no Ubuntu maintainer for that package.
I am the maintainer of the Debian package, and I uploaded to Debian
the package for 2.5.1 the same day it was released, but I take no
responsibility for what go in the Ubuntu release.

Hi

Ubuntu does not have assigned maintainers to packages.
Dirk, if you want this fixed in Ubuntu, you should report it in the Ubuntu bug tracking system.

Firas