Chris Card on Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:21:31 +0200

RE: gp2c trouble?

> But when I try to load my gp2c file in gp it fails:
>
> \r auto.gp.so
> *** Warning: auto.gp.so is not a GP binary file.
> *** error opening input file: `auto.gp.so'.
> *** Break loop: type 'break' to go back to GP
>
> I get a similar error if I use gp2c-run:
>
> $ gp2c-run auto.gp.c
>
> /auto.gp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> *** at top-level: install("rev","GD10,
> *** ^--------------------
> *** install: couldn't open dynamic library '/auto.gp.so'.
> *** Break loop: type 'break' to go back to GP
>
> auto.gp.so exists and looks normal to me in a hex editor. What could
> be going wrong?

I don't know much about gp2c, but this looks like an environmental issue.

That error seems to imply it's looking in the root directory '/' for the file, so
possibly you need to specify the full path to the .so file, or set an environment
variable.

Try running under strace to see exactly which system calls gp2c-run is making.
Also check that auto.gp.so can load ok with 'ldd auto.gp.so'.

Chris