Eugene N on Sat, 02 Apr 2011 18:15:18 +0200
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: ECC modelling
- From: Eugene N <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 18:33:27 +0300
- Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 18:15:18 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=8fcf8MqUpQavaXLg4zSjIpaCWyVcIUhyCvP1c/o1YSk=; b=XrLLTgtOsYwYwt1VZ46D6qyaXn1zqB5oWRgzgfBZCTBecLPTP0ZG8zPS6t8pbHEBsK E2j6ju3V4LrfPPwNVAkM4xQW7+mDVpPF0QvrcbqwZPPkGNq39+pZiTnzG+5SIK2WQFkM jUmQd/R9F3W2jGCez5ce5SC1eoOKrLlgI00CM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=QHWjKxFQwgsmkYeME8ExK3fILFDuolUunp5xMhW1rsw9xgtdP+A3fPSYJXazdk1NaO w9RSnVmvKUfRjdAtxTgRQHlC6ub1Vx85QBPsG9NvcT7zBY8HhRwyltX9IFmEAdPK0TRX J8G3KfKCWHTH248d6oLiIxN4GjeOckYLuLUOQ=
- In-reply-to: <20110402142906.GD26071@yellowpig>
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <AANLkTimTMjjRDOJMLfC4gBOgJoCfGYOpqwA_710H1PnM@mail.gmail.com> <20110402142906.GD26071@yellowpig>
Thank you very much, Bill
I will try to understand the scripts you provided (especially one with vectors, for i am new to gp syntax). This is very kind of you!
Unfortunately i installed the older version of pari and am now reinstalling the latest one (in mine ffgen was missing).
One more question: if i were to generate EC(GF(2^m)) random points, i would have to choose random x, solve an equation and obtain corresponding y.
Does pari provides something for square roots in GF(2^m)?
Thanks a lot!
2011/4/2 Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr>
There are no functions in PARI to generate irreducible trinomials or pentanomials.
On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 04:41:43PM +0300, Eugene N wrote:
> Hello Sirs
> I am a student and i recently decided to use this renound tool for the
> purpose of ECC modelling.
> I browsed through the manuals & did some web searcehes (
> and i am very happy to discover this great tool.
> However, i stumbled upon some problems, wich made me turn for advice to
> expirienced users like you. I hope you will clear som things for me.
> I am looking for a way to generate n-nomials (generators of m.gr
> ), especially tri-and pentanomials. I have read about ffinit(p,n) - but it
> long polies.
but you can program it in GP easily:
ffinit is much faster, though.
If you mean elliptic curve of GF(2^m),
> I would like also to find some examples of binary elliptic curves and
> base-point generation.
you need to get an irreducible polynomial P and do
g is now a field generator for GF(2^m).
You can define the elliptic curve Y^2+Y=X^3+X over GF(2^m) as follow: