Bill Allombert on Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:58:05 +0200

Re: Problem with colors in .gprc

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 10:29:21AM -0400, Alan McConnell wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I understand that e.g.
> 	colors = "no, no, no, no, 0, 1, 2"
> is correct syntax to set the colors for gp.  I.e. "colors = ",
> followed by seven comma-separated fields, surrounded by double-
> quotes.
>
> What I cannot find is:  what part of the gp results/prompts/etc
> each field is for.  Can some one kindly give me a reply on the
> order of:
> First field gives the color of ...
> Second field gives the color of ...
>  	. . .
> Seventh field gives the color of ...
> (for instance, trial and error has already told me that the fifth
> field gives the color of the response)

The documentation says:

? ??colors
colors (default ""):
   The  output objects thus affected are respectively error messages,  history numbers,  prompt,
input line, output, help messages, timer (that's seven of them). If k < 7, the remaining a_i are
assumed to be no. For instance

So the answer to your question is:

field 1: error messages
field 2: history numbers (%n =)
field 3: prompt
field 4: input line
field 5: output
field 6: help messages
field 7: timer (*** last result computed in ...)