Vincent Torri on Thu, 09 Jun 2005 14:27:21 +0200

Re: dumb question about rationals

Hello,

my program is almost working. But in some cases, i got the error message:

impossible assignment I-->S

It occurs when i try to get the value of the denominator of a rational. The rational type is 4 and the denominator type is 1.

When could this error appear ?

Another question: What i do is the following :

1) I allocate 2 arrays of GEN (with malloc), say t1, t2
2) I init the 2 arrays
3) I do my stuff (a loop) :
  a) i fill t2 with modified values of t1
  b) t1 = t2 (i do a loop on k : t1[k] = t2[k])
4) store the values of t1, at the end of the loop
5) I free the 2 arrays.

Could the problem above (it appears in step 4) arise from the fact that I use allocated arrays and I'm doing step 3)b) ? Should I use PARI vector instead of arrays ?

Thank you.

Vincent Torri