Bill Allombert on Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:16:33 +0200

GP2C 0.0.1pl2 released

Hello PARI lovers,

I just released GP2C 0.0.1pl2, the GP to C translator.

You can download it at

GP2C is a compiler for GP-scripts that output C code to be linked with libpari
or instal'ed in GP.

GP2C is aimed at generating code in the standard of libpari.

It is compatible with PARI/GP 2.1.0 and upward.

This programm is in development stage, but is already usable. It comes with a manual
(online version at <>) which include
a tutorial.

It can be used to make GP scripts faster by compiling them, but alternatively
you can use it to check for bugs in scripts, with the option -W, or to learn
how to program with libpari, by looking at the ouput.

It is reasonnably easy to use with the script gp2c-run that allows to compile a
script and add the compiled version to a new GP session automatically.

This version can be configured with
./configure --with-paricfg=/path/to/
that only need the script produced by PARI's Configure
instead of the full PARI source tree.

An example of use: I want to compile the example file pari/examples/

./gp2c-run pari/examples/
I get a new GP session which know about the compiled functions in

   realprecision = 28 significant digits
   seriesprecision = 16 significant terms
   format = g0.28

parisize = 4000000, primelimit = 500000
? rhobrent(3329135824898644601)
%1 = 378776543
? ##
  ***   last result computed in 160 ms.

The non compiled function would take more than one second.