Bill Allombert on Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:29:59 +0100 (MET)

Re: Turning a sequence of expr into expr

A solution is to write

>I got an impression that functions which take a chunk of code as an
>argument always take a statement, though the parser gives them a
>sequence of statements.

It is perfectly true, it's the difference between a 'seq' and an 'expr'
an 'expr' cannot contains ';'

? ?ploth
? ?for

Only true control statements handle seq ,if,forxxx, while,until
but not sumxxx,prodx,solve,intnum etc..

vector(v) and matrix have been corrected to handle seq but
the doc has not been updated.

In the C code you must use lisseq to read a "seq"
(See PARI/GP Manual 4.7.1 page 167)

One solution would be to implement a control statement "sequ" similar
to the ',' operator in C, so we could write