Ilya Zakharevich on Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:53:20 -0500

Turning a sequence of expr into expr

I got an impression that functions which take a chunk of code as an
argument always take a statement, though the parser gives them a
sequence of statements.  Otherwise I cannot explain what happens here:

 \p 9
 ***   impossible assignment t_COMPLEX --> t_REAL.

As you see, the execution started (so the skipwhatever() was expecting
a sequence), but apparently the second statement is ignored.

If we suppose that this is not a bug in ploth(), then how to wrap
these statements into one?  I hate to use

and defining a function is a performance hit.