Ilya Zakharevich on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 01:29:04 +0100

Re: A patch for native PARI/GP build on Windows (Mingw+Msys)

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 06:05:15PM +0200, Vasili Burdo wrote:
> >Do you know why DL_DFLT_NAME=$(LIBPARI_DYN) does not work here ? It did not
> >work with wine and this is strange because LIBPARI_SO is a symlink to
> >LIBPARI_DYN.

> The problem is that Windows does not support symlinks. As result, we
> should maintain two copies: libpari.dll (because gp-dyn links to it) and
> libpari-2.4.dll (for install0).
> I think keeping two copies is redundant.

This (and most of the rest) looks very like what I needed to do with
os2 build.  See patches in
 http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/math/pari-gp-230.zip

Do not know which of them made it into the current version.  It would
be nice if one could reuse the same code for os2 and win.

Yours,
Ilya