|Bill Allombert on Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:12:49 +0200|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|Re: [PATCH] Dynamic Linking fixes for NetBSD/amd64|
On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 07:29:17AM +0200, Lorenz Minder wrote: > Hi, > > LM: > > I have now tried to run the tests on this system. Right now I'm stuck at > > the ellsea test; this test uses a huge amount of memory (probably more > > than 2GB) until it is eventually killed by the kernel because the > > system is running out of swap. Is anything known about this problem? > > Does it happen on other systems too? > > > > (I just tried this test on Mac OS X, and it doesn't work either. It > > fails differently, though: instead of running out of memory it reportedly > > produces wrong output.) > > Ok, pilot error. Both these go away when the seadata package is > installed, which wasn't the case before. (A useful error message would > be very welcome here, though.) On my linux laptop this fails quickly with *** ellap: not enough memory so I avoid this issue, but yes, we need a better way. > Installing all the packages, I now only get one failure on SVN head. I > can see it both on Darwin/i386 and NetBSD/amd64. It's the resultant test. > The *-dyn.dif files are attached. These are "expected" failure: the buildlog network report the same: <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/buildlog.html> I hope Karim will fix that soon. Cheers, Bill.