Bill Allombert on Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:05:06 +0100

Re: Not shipping pari.desc in the tarball and other wishlist

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:10:24AM +0100, Karim Belabas wrote:
> * Bill Allombert [2005-11-10 22:11]:
> > We should try to remove pari.desc from the tarball. This is
> > useless since pari.desc can be trivially rebuild with find and cat,
> > and is not needed for normal build.
> > (This would save 186kB and reduce the tar.gz by 44kB ).
>
> This is quite easy, the file is added explicitly in get_MANIFEST.
> Done.

Somehow pari.desc is no more installed by 'make install' and is needed
by gp2c.

I suppose I should write a non-perl version of merge_822
for systems that lacks perl.  This is probably better than not
installing pari.desc on non-perl system. (e.g. if perl get installed
later, etc.).