Bill Allombert on Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:33:21 +0100

Re: Description system TODO list

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 01:49:35PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> 1) I propose we add a directory symbolic_operators
> with file name named after the name of the PARI function without the g prefix.
> (add, sub, etc.). Inside we use the GP2C name of the operator (_!,_+_)
> as Name:. This avoid having non alphanumeric characters in filename.
> (And anyway _/_ is not a valid UNIX filename).
>
> Operators will need to live in a new Class: to not be read by GP.

That did not work out as expected, since a lot of operator have
no corresponding PARI functions ('C-Name'). So here the mapping
I came out so far (see below). Also I decided to use shiftl instead
of shift since there is no function name for right shift(we use a
negative argument in gshift instead).

Improvement welcome before I commit it, especially since CVS does not handle
renaming file nicely.

Cheers,
Bill

add		_+_