Bill Allombert on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:56:25 +0100

Re: how to include the u_FpM_inv() declaration

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 09:31:08AM -0800, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 11:09:46AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > > Your are mixing user space and developer's space.
> >
> > I am not. I am speaking about using -lpari-2.2 instead of -lpari. This
> > is a developer only issue.
> The naming of DLL is the user-space issue.  And on systems with
> broken( Unix-style) dynalinking the name of the DLL coincides with the
> name of the link-time library.

I never intented to change the name of the DLL, only the name of the .so link
to it. The DLL will stay but the symlink will be renamed
to in place of This .so link is used by ld when
searching for library at link time. The soname will stay
because the library is build with '-soname' or the equivalent.